THC Annual Potluck Picnic at Grafton Lakes State Park on Saturday, June 6th, National Trails Day
Saturday, June 6: National Trail’s Day
Trail work to be done at Grafton Lakes State Park. Please arrive at 0900 at the Maintenance Building to register. We will be given our trail assignment at this time.
Saturday, June 6: THC Annual Potluck Picnic at Grafton Lakes State Park
The Grafton Lakes State Park opens at 0900 and closes at dusk for hiking, boating and swimming. We are once again at the Amphitheater Pavilion (by the Beach).
Our activities are:
· At 0900 we will meet at GLSP Office and join with volunteers across the US on National Trails Day.
· Car shuttle from Mill Pond Parking Lot will start at 11am and end at noon to bring those who chose to the Amphitheater.
· Noon to 1pm Pot Luck appetizers.
· 1pm Pot Luck salads, desserts and treats along with THC supplied hot dogs, hamburgers, cold drinks (lemonade and bottled water) and condiments.
· Please bring your own wine, beer or other choice.
· Lawn chairs and games are recommended.
· 2pm short THC meeting.
· Enjoy the park for the rest of the day.
· Please call Doree Cox at 658-2643 to let her know how many people are coming and what your contribution to the picnic will be (appetizers, salad or dessert). Please leave a message if Doree doesn’t answer.
· The new Taconic Hiking Club t-shirts and sweatshirts will be available for sale at the picnic. Checks may be made payable to Phil Fountain.